President’s vision for 2019: “BOMA Utah Members demonstrate a commitment to BOMA’s success through active participation!”
Dear BOMA Members,
As I head into my final year as president, I would like to take a look back at some of the incredible accomplishments that have happened thanks to the passion, drive and desire of our members and committees, which allow our organization to be a trailblazer in the commercial real estate industry. This year will be no exception, as we continue to introduce new initiatives and programs that add immeasurable value to all those that are part of our organization.
- Our Government Affairs Committee has ensured that BOMA has been, and will continue to be, the major force for CRE on Capitol Hill.
- Our Education Committee was instrumental in arranging continuing education credits for our luncheons and education events, which was a first for CRE organizations in Utah.
- A few years ago, our Energy and Sustainability Committee held the first major energy and sustainability competition for CRE in Utah called the Kilowatt Crackdown.
- Our MOB committee has brought medical office building issues to the mainstream CRE audience by making the annual symposium one of BOMA Utah’s most popular luncheons.
- The Events committee sold out our annual tradeshow in 2018 with record breaking participant levels.
- Our golf committee continues to present the premier golf tournament in the industry that has been played at several of Utah’s prestigious country clubs. Our vendors must agree, as all sponsorships were completely sold out in 2018.
- Our Community Services committee has shown endless passion and drive to help several organizations such as Ching Family Farm, Combat Veterans Association, US Forest Service and The Ronald McDonald House, which has resulted in thousands of dollars’ worth of donations, materials, and labor.
In 2019, we will be the first major CRE association to take energy and sustainability initiatives to levels that are unprecedented. As a result of the partnerships that we have developed with Rocky Mountain Power, we will be rolling out a new program that is only available to BOMA Utah members. Essentially, this program will provide energy project management analysis and support to all of our BOMA members at NO COST. The services under this program will be provided by one of our very own members, DiVi Energy. More information about this program and how you can get involved can be found at our website www.bomautah.org.
To get the most out of BOMA Utah and help continue the tradition of blazing new paths, I invite all of you to participate in two challenges:
- Participate in the Kilowatt Crackdown: Members that are part of this competition will receive priority support from the DiVi project management team. Also, for those of you that have buildings located in Salt Lake City, participation in this program helps to ensure compliance with the mandatory benchmarking ordinance that begins in 2019.
- Join a Committee! In particular, the committees are where the serious work gets done. If it wasn’t for the incredible work of our committees, the huge successes that BOMA Utah has experienced over the years would not be possible. These tireless efforts not only elevate our organization but can provide some incredible networking and career opportunities as well.
As we head into the new year, I have more optimism and excitement about BOMA Utah’s trajectory than ever before. BOMA Utah has always been at the forefront of the commercial real estate industry regarding advocacy, education and networking. As a result of all of our members’ tremendous efforts, we have developed some amazing partnerships in our industry and communities. Here’s to another remarkable year! BOMA… AS ONE!