- BEEP (BOMA Energy Efficiency Program) – Award-winning webinar program that teaches no- and low-cost strategies for improving energy efficiency in buildings. Access pre-recorded programs.
- The BOMA Water & Wastewater Challenge – The W2 Water and Waste Challenge is a two-year initiative to encourage commercial real estate practitioners to benchmark water and waste consumption and associated costs, and to implement common practices to improve water performance and reduce waste. With the support of a generous grant from Yardi, and in partnership with the BOMA Local Associations, BOMA International is proud to launch this Challenge that highlights and expands the sustainability efforts of the commercial real estate industry. The program will run from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019, and participants will be eligible for recognition for their leadership from BOMA International. Year 1 will establish a baseline and Year 2 will promote performance improvements.
- BOMA 360 Program – The BOMA 360 Performance Program® sets the standard worldwide for operational best practices in the commercial real estate industry. For building owners and managers who want to help their properties stand out from the crowd, there is no clearer mark of excellence than achieving the BOMA 360 designation.
- BOMA’s Experience Exchange Report (EER) – For nearly a century, BOMA’s Experience Exchange Report has been the industry’s most trusted benchmarking resource, publishing income and expense data yearly for more than 250 markets in the U.S. and Canada.
- BOMA’s The Outstanding Building of the Year Awards (Earth Category) – Annual awards program honoring buildings and building management teams that preserve and enhance the internal and external environment through green and sustainable programs.
- BOMA BESt – (Building Environmental Standards): A national program launched in 2005 by BOMA Canada to address an industry need for realistic standards for energy and environmental performance of existing buildings based on accurate, independently verified information.
- BOMA Energy Training for Building Operators – e-Energy Training is an interactive web-based training program for building operators, building engineers and facility managers. Participants develop the skills and knowledge to identify energy reduction opportunities and learn how to develop strategies to encourage stakeholders to save energy. The online format allows participants to learn at their own pace at work or from home.
Our mission is to promote Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (CPACE) financing by providing leadership and support for a growing universe of CPACE market participants. Buildings use nearly one-half of the energy consumed in the United States, and three-quarters of the electricity. Making our buildings more efficient creates a huge opportunity for savings and positive change. Energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives make America more independent and our states more energy secure, avoid the costs of building power plants and transmission systems, save money, create jobs and protect the environment. Check out Utah’s Program or Find out more here on National PACE info.
OTHER INDUSTRY LINKS
- EPA Energy Star – Become Energy Star rated through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Sign up for free to become a Portfolio Manager and enter your building information into this confidential database. If your building is in the top 25% for that category it will become Energy Star rated. Compare your building against the national average of similar buildings. If seeking LEED certification, an Energy Star rating can be beneficial.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency – Wondering what energy incentives are available? The process can be time-consuming & mind-boggling. Try visiting the DSIRE website which contains a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility and federal incentives and policies that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency. This website keeps track of the latest available incentives to make every building owner (and home owner) an expert in saving money while saving energy. No more headaches or special software this is your one-stop-shop.
- US Green Building Council – The USGBC is a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit organization committed to a prosperous and sustainable future for our nation through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings. USGBC works toward its mission of market transformation through its LEED green building certification program, robust educational offerings, a nationwide network of chapters and affiliates, the annual Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, and advocacy in support of public policy that encourages and enables green buildings and communities.
- Better Buildings – Better Buildings is an initiative of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) designed to improve the lives of the American people by driving leadership in energy innovation. Through Better Buildings, DOE partners with leaders in the public and private sectors to make the nation’s homes, commercial buildings and industrial plants more energy efficient by accelerating investment and sharing of successful best practices. BOMA International is a proud founding member of the Better Buildings Alliance.
- LEED – Internationally recognized green building certification system for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings, developed by the US Green Building Council.
- BOMI High-Performance Sustainability Program – A new 3-course program on sustainable building management, principles, practices and investments. Earn the new High-Performance Certificate and/or Designation. www.myhpbuilding.org is a site that features blog posts, news articles, videos, and more–all focused on high-performance and sustainable thought leadership for property and facility managers. New content is added regularly.
- Utah Governors Office of Energy Development
- Rocky Mountain Power
- Questar Gas – ThermWise
- Salt Lake City – Project Skyline
- Salt Lake City – Recycling Program
- Salt Lake City Green
- Utah Clean Energy
- Utah Clean Air (UCAIR)
OTHER PLACES TO START