BOMA Utah is interested in insuring that all members are active in the Association. Membership participation keeps the association strong, and experience has shown that if you do not participate, you will not realize the benefits of becoming a member. Numerous examples can be cited that conclusively prove that vendor participation is the key to success within BOMA. To ensure our Associates are successful, these renewal requirements have been put in place.
The Board of Directors requires each Associate Member to meet three out of the following six criteria to be eligible to renew membership for the following year:
- Personally attend at least 50% of the BOMA sponsored events, including the golf tournament, luncheons, Vendor Tradeshow, and participating in BOMA activities (i.e. races; rides, etc.)
- Provide a minimum $250.00 financial sponsorship to BOMA activities – such as sponsoring the golf tournament, TOBY, Medical Office Building Symposium, luncheons, seminars/educational offerings, socials, etc.
- Actively volunteer and participate on the Board of Directors, a Committee or project. Including donation of time, labor and/or materials for projects.
- Bring three (3) eligible member candidates (i.e. property/facility/assistant managers to BOMA functions. Managers from commercial, industrial, medical, retail, and state, federal, county, city entities are all eligible membership candidates.
- Purchase a booth at the Vendor Tradeshow
- Initiate the membership of a Principal Member
Not all of the criteria involve financial sponsorship; the Board wants to recognize contributions of time as well as those of money. The important key is participation!
Prior to sending dues renewal statements, the BOMA Utah will examine the current year’s Associate Member status as to achieving these criteria and report those not in compliance to the Board of Directors as well as notify each Associate of their standing within BOMA.
We encourage everyone to join Committees, attend events and participate. Remember, BOMA is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time to build up a customer base, and the only way to do that is to truly be a part of the BOMA Utah family.