2016/2017 Kilowatt Crackdown Award Winners
170 South Main
Cushman & Wakefield Commerce
MOST IMPROVED PERFORMANCE
Edgewater Corporate Park
Justin Farnsworth &
Newmark Grubb ACRES
Gary Bullock, CPM
HIGHEST PERFORMING BUILDING
Gary Bullock, CPM
GREEN FOR GREEN
5 Triad Center
Utah Property Management Associates
About the Kilowatt Crackdown:
BOMA Utah challenges the real estate community to reduce energy, save costs, benchmark your buildings and position commercial office buildings for the future. We’re looking to find the buildings that will save the most energy in 2017, and recognize the leaders in Utah. Game On!
How the competition works:
Participants will be asked to benchmark their energy use from January 2017 through December 2017 by utilizing the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager tool. You’ll receive a list of energy-saving opportunities to explore with your owners and staff and your preferred service contractors. Qualifying buildings may be eligible to receive an energy analysis to identify energy conservation measures (ECMs) from your local utility.
Then – tune-up your building as you best see fit! Awards will be given in multiple categories in June 2018, providing ample time to adequately budget, schedule, and implement your plans. There are 5 ways to win, but only to those that sign-up. All winners will receive a prize package containing valuable products, services, and discounts valued at over $1,000!!!
Awards Presented for:
- The Kilowatt Cup – Trophy awarded to firm, building, or team achieving superior accomplishments in energy efficiency.
- Highest Performing Building – Award to the building with the highest ENERGY STAR ratings.
- Most Improved Performance – Award to the building that shows the greatest percentage gain in ENERGY STAR ratings over the previous year.
- Climate Leader Award – Recognition awarded to 1 building making significant strides in tracking and managing their carbon footprint, as measured by the BOMA Utah judging panel.
- Green for Green – Recognition awarded to one building who has achieved the greatest cost savings per square foot as documented in Energy Star Portfolio.
What you’ll get by participating:
- Promotional package from our valued partners offering various discounts on energy related products and services, including engineering certification for properties that qualify for the ENERGY STAR label – a score of 75 or more.
- Advertising and recognition of your participation in the contest.
- Assistance with identifying ECMs through ENERGY STAR’s Portfolio Manager.
- Technical support and data review of your ENERGY STAR benchmarking profile.
- Satisfaction from being a leader in the Utah market.
- Participants wishing to enter their buildings into the TOBY Awards program can utilize their Energy Star ratings and reports for the International requirements.
How you can earn recognition for your owners and tenants:
Several categories offer ways to recognize achievements in energy efficiency. Kilowatt Cup, Highest Performing Building, Most Improved Performance and Climate Leader Award will be given out to deserving leaders that have taken energy management to the next level.
If you have questions, please contact Hilary Clark or Nikki Anderson