As updates surrounding the Coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, are made, BOMA Utah remains committed to providing helpful resources to our members and other commercial real estate professionals. The documents below include guidelines, response protocols and slides from past webinars related to the issue.
BOMA International is actively working to provide commercial real estate professionals with credible information on how to mitigate the potential health and business impacts. Based on information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), BOMA International has released a series of guidance documents to help property professionals navigate this public health concern.
BOMA International will continue to monitor this issue as it develops, and resources will be posted regularly to this webpage (www.boma.org/coronavirus). There you will be able to find a variety of webinars and guides to help assist you in moving forward.
BOMA International Guides to Re-Occupancy:
- BOMA Building Re-Entry Guidance Document
- BOMA International’s COVID-19: Maintaining Building Operations During Shutdown and Preparing for Re-Occupancy (April 8, 2020)
- BOMA International’s COVID-19: Risk Mitigation, Planning and Preparing for Re-Occupancy (April 8, 2020)
- Business Interruption Webinar Presented by BOMA International, IREM, NAA and CCIM Institute (April 7, 2020)
- BOMA China’s COVID-19 Back to Work Preparation for Commercial Buildings Presentation in Partnership with BOMA Canada (April 8, 2020)
- Guidelines: Opening Up America Again
- DHS/CISA Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker Guidance
- Tenant Resources: Employer’s Council Considerations When Drafting a Return to Work Plan
Local and State Resources and Updated News
Utah Leads Together
- Commercial Rental Assistance Program – https://coronavirus.utah.gov/covid-19-commercial-rental-assistance-program/
- Utah Leads – https://gomb.utah.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/UtahLeads-April2020-v20.pdf
- CDC Building Disinfecting Recommendations – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html
Federal and World Resources
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
Johns Hopkins University – Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE)
Federal Resources for Small Businesses
National Governors Association (NGA)
CARES Act Relief Provisions
BOMA Locals Webinars and Other Resources
- CREATING A SAFE AND HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT PLAN, April 29, 2020, Register Here
- Managing Your Building During the COVID-19 Shutdown (BOMA International)
- Cushman & Wakefield: Recovery Readiness: A How-To Guide for Reopening Your Workplace
Building Re-Entry Resources
- Seattle Reentry Resource Document – BOMA Seattle King County
- Rebalancing Work and Life Infographic – Cushman & Wakefield
- Recovery Readiness – A How-To Guide for Reopening Your Workplace – Cushman & Wakefield
Work Authorization Letter Templates
- Essential Worker Documentation – Building Mgmt, Maintenance, Construction (BOMA)
- Essential Worker Documentation – Multifamily Building Mgmt, Maintenance, Construction (BOMA)
- Essential Worker Documentation – Construction / Contractors (RMMCA)
- Coronavirus – The view from China with Dominic Lau, Property Manager and BOMA China member (hosted by BOMA Canada)
- COVID-19: Your Buildings Health (Denver Metro BOMA)
- Improving your Effectiveness as a Remote Employee in Unusual Times (BOMA Georgia)
- BOMA Seattle King County: COVID-19 Webinar (BOMA Seattle King County)
- Effectively Managing and Leading Remote Employees During An Evolving Situation (BOMA Georgia)
- Tax Analysis of CARES Acts Relief Provisions (BOMA International)
- BOMA International’s CARES Act Analysis Flash Call (April 7, 2020)
- Improving Your Effectiveness as a Remote Worker
- Effectively Managing and Leading Remote Employees
- Kurzgesagt – The Coronavirus Explained (video)
- Managing Stress During a Stressful Time (video)
One newly released webinar is on Operational Savings in a Time of Low Census. The webinar explores the tactics that some property management and building operations staff are implementing to cut costs at their properties in response to a lower building utilization rate. It also highlights some efforts property managers and building engineers can take in conducting maintenance and preparing for a large number of tenants to return to work in office buildings.
Additionally, they have released a two-part video series on maintaining a hopeful outlook through COVID-19, with a video titled Maintaining Hope in the Face of COVID-19 and another with the title of a Hopeful, Historical Perspective on COVID-19. I hope you’ll find the message shared in these videos to be as helpful and inspiring as I did.
There are many more recorded webinars available here.
BOMA Greater St. Paul
Description: 1 hour webinar. With the virus crisis leading to a recession, building owners and managers are facing a variety of potential legal issues, such as whether to consider rent abatements and reductions, force majeure, business interruption insurance, and a range of other topics. How should buildings and properties approach these and other related issues?